The Wi-Fi MOD® Device is Transforming Pain Management at the Bedside
The MOD® - Medication on Demand is a wireless patient-controlled oral pain management system that provides hospitals, healthcare professionals and patients a better way to manage pain. The wireless MOD® device delivers multiple benefits to users and providers, including:
- increased patient satisfaction and comfort with greater nursing staff satisfaction while achieving compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) requirements.
- improved quality of care and allocation of precious nursing resources to the patients’ most critical needs.
- an easier, safer, and non-invasive PCA device that is transforming bedside pain management.
Our current MOD® device users have an unrivaled experience with the device:
- 95% of patients who used the MOD® device in a clinical trial were highly satisfied with its ease of use and reported better control of their pain and
- 84% of nurses in a clinical trial reported that using the MOD® device with their patients saved them time
- With over 1000 patients on the device, there has been virtually no evidence of diversion and not a single instance of any observable negative side-effects such as sedation or respiratory depression, frequently seen with IV PCA
- Improvements observed in HCAHPS scores after implementing the MOD® device, including improved sleep, mood, appetite, and general activity among post-operative joint replacement patients.
- Learn more about how the MOD® Device can transform your patients’ pain management experience.
Flagler Hospital Study Finds Orthopedic Surgery Patients Have Better Pain Control Using MOD Device
A Comparison of the Traditional Method of Oral PRN Pain Medication Delivery to an Electronic Oral Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) Device Following Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA); Originally presented by Flagler Hospital at the 33rd Annual Congress, Association of Orthopaedic Nurses, San Antonio, TX, May 18-21, 2013. Published: Orthopaedic Nursing, July/August 2014; Volume 33; Issue 4; p217-223.
Avancen MOD Corporation Earns AdvaMed Code of Ethics Certification
Avancen MOD Corporation recently earned the AdvaMed Code of Ethics Certification. Avancen is committed to supporting ethical collaborations that support bringing new, safe, and effective technologies that benefit patients.
Embedded RFID for Medical Devices
An exploration into how embedded RFID helps improve patient safety and provide patients with a quality medical experience. The Medication on Demand incorporates passive embedded RFID into its safety and security profile.